This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) explains how we collect, process and protect personal data about you. By visiting our website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), our data controller is AJ Bell Management Limited of 4 Exchange Quay, Salford Quays, Manchester M5 3EE
Information you give us
You may give us information by filling in forms on the website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use AJ Bell Investcentre; apply for one of our products; search the website; enter a competition or promotion; take part in a survey; or when interacting with the website in any other way. This includes any occasions when you report a problem with the website. The information you give us may include your (or your client’s) name, address, email address, phone number, financial information and/or other relevant personal details.
By submitting such details, you confirm that you are entitled to disclose information about, or provided by, any third party. If you are submitting an application on behalf of your client, you confirm that you have their authority to do so and that they understand that we will use their personal details.
Information we collect about you
Each time you visit the website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the website (including date and time); page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information; methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
We may also receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate, or the other services we provide. In such cases we will inform you when we collect the data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners; sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services; advertising networks; analytics providers; search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How we use your information
Information you give to us is used:
- to process your clients’ SIPP, ISA or GIA applications, and to help us provide you with targeted information about relevant products and services
- to provide you with services (including sending your details to third parties who provide some of the services on our behalf)
- to enable you to obtain a projection or illustration
- to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations
- for research and analysis in the development of our products and services
- to send you details - by post, email, telephone or any other electronic means - of products and services either we or trusted third parties supply which we believe may interest you
- to notify you about changes to our products or services
- to ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
Information we collect about you is used:
- to administer the website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve the website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- as part of our efforts to keep the website safe and secure
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the website about products or services that may interest you or them
Information we receive from other sources:
- may be combined with information you give to us and information we collect about you. Depending on the types of information we receive, it may be used for some or all of the purposes detailed above.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group. This includes our subsidiaries and our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties, including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- analytics and search engine providers that help us to improve and optimise the website
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- if AJ Bell Management Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, as the personal data we hold about our advisers and customers will be one of the transferred assets
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our rights under this policy or customer terms and conditions of business and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any member of our group, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you, or you have chosen, a password which enables you to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. If you (or your representative) contact us for details of your account, we will ask some questions so that we can establish your (or your representative’s) identity and we will not disclose any details unless we are satisfied that you (or your representative) are who you claim to be.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet cannot be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We strongly suggest you purchase and keep up-to-date software to protect the security of your computer or device.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by using the unsubscribe button in marketing emails sent to you. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting The Marketing Department, AJ Bell Investcentre, 4 Exchange Quay, Salford Quays, Manchester M5 3EE or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, however, you cannot opt-out of receiving regulatory or legal updates (e.g. information about a change in the product terms and conditions) by email. We regularly review our records to ensure that we only retain your personal details for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out above.
The website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing the information we hold about you.
Please send any questions or comments about this policy to The Marketing Department, AJ Bell Investcentre, 4 Exchange Quay, Salford Quays, Manchester M5 3EE or email us at email@example.com.